- Around 3 kms away from Jimena, “Los Caracoles’ is one of the most amazing corners inside Sierra Magina Natural Park.
- We will find a few little huts made of stone and raised from rubble.
- The stones are not joined together using any mortar, it’s built using the ancient building tradition of ‘dry stone’.
- Built with hardly any tool and without transport, these huts were raised stone by stone by stone masons that used to work and spend long seasons under very hard living conditions.
- This kind of architecture is often related to the old Celtic buildings in Asturias and Galicia.
More about this place…
“Los Caracoles” is one of the wide range of amazing places hidden in Sierra Magina. Here we find some little huts built stone by stone by the stonemasons that used to shelter here during the long working seasons in the area. What made these buildings really special, is the fact that they are built without any mortar, using the ‘dry stone’ technique. This kind of architecture is often related to the old Celtic buildings in Asturias and Galicia.