- In our second visit to Castulo we check the daily works taking place under Forum MMX’s project.
- This project, which results have already surpassed all the expectations thanks to some volunteering job, is dedicated to bring back to the surface the Roman Forum of the town.
- The latest years of findings of great value have taken Castulo’s name along the planet.
- Probably one of the most relevant ones would be Mosaico de los Amores (Loves Mosaic) - it was considered as one the 10 most important discoveries by the National Geographic Society in 2012- and best preserved; it’s 12 meters long and 6 meters wide, and it shows different scenes representing love, death or seasons.
- The mosaic is opened to visitors now. It is sheltered under a structure shaped like the original building.
More about this place…
The discovery of new findings in the digging works at the Iberian - Roman archeological site of Castulo, is constant on a daily basis. This is done by Forum MMX project -with archeologists and volunteers - whose target is to bring back to the surface the old Roman Forum of the town. During these works in the latest years, there have been several discoveries that have gone viral around the world. One of the most relevant was the Mosaico de los Amores (Loves Mosaic) named as one of the 10 most important discoveries in the year 2012 by the National Geographic Society.